Setup the Antenna to Boost Signal
during Rural WorkAlone Jobs
How to Boost Cell Signal Strength
Guidelines to follow:
- the receiving antenna needs a line to the broadcasting tower. It can be line of site or a bounced signal.
- the cabling between the receiving antenna and signal booster should have no 'hard' twists or bends
- the cabling between the receiving antenna and signal booster should not run parallel to any other wires
or be against a solid metal wall. These all change the way the connecting cable works.
- the cabling should have bends no tighter than five times the width of the cable
- the internal antenna that rebroadcasts the amplified signal should be at least 30 feet from the external receiving antenna
- any time the distance is doubled it impacts the amplification by 3 db or ten times the power
- all antenna should be at least 3 feet from humans